Yacht Insurance in Bel Air, MD
Your yacht provides a luxurious and exciting way to travel the world’s waterways. These vehicles may also double as residences while offering opportunities to invite family, friends and other guests to join in the festivities and amenities. However, yachts represent a significant financial investment—and, like all motor vehicles, yachts come with many risks and exposures. With these things in mind, you must prioritize understanding, acquiring and maintaining a robust and versatile yacht insurance policy.
What Does Yacht Insurance Cover?
Like many types of insurance, you can personalize the details of your yacht insurance policy to suit your needs, preferences and budget. Still, several key components of coverage are typically advisable to include, such as the following:
- Liability coverage—This may provide financial assistance if you are responsible for other boaters’ or property owners’ losses while using your yacht.
- Hull coverage—This may financially protect the structural elements of your yacht, including its hull, engines, sails and other attached equipment.
- Personal effects coverage—This may also provide compensation if covered incidents result in losses involving belongings being stored or transported on your yacht.
- Towing and recovery coverage—If your yacht breaks down or you otherwise find yourself stranded, this feature may help pay for expenses related to getting your vessel where it needs to be, including towing, labor costs and delivering supplies (e.g., gas and oil).
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft coverage—This may help render financial aid for incidents involving your yacht if another party is at fault but does not have insurance capable of covering your losses.
Is Yacht Insurance Different From Traditional Boat Insurance?
In many ways, yacht insurance policies may function the same way as boat insurance; however, yachts often require specific types of coverage depending on various characteristics, including their size and where you plan to travel. Due to yachts typically being capable of longer and more perilous journeys and often having higher financial value, they may require significantly more significant and more specialized coverage.
As an independent and family-owned agency with over 20 years of experience, Gray Insurance Group is well-equipped to help you assess and address your yacht coverage needs. Our dedicated team will draw on its collective knowledge to procure and maintain an optimal yacht insurance policy capable of providing financial security for you and your vessel. Contact us today to get started.